Collector's knife - exclusive LE FRANCAIS from the luxury line PRESTIGE with handle scales made of meteorite iron.
The Muonionalusta meteorite comes from Sweden and belongs to the iron meteorite type IVA. Its trademark is the impressive line pattern, which is created by the special crystal structure of the two iron-nickel minerals taenite and kamacite. Analyses put the age of the meteorite at 4.5 billion years. The Le Francais is equipped with a powder-metallurgical damask steel blade, which complements the meteorite iron perfectly.
Folding knife with liner-lock, screw-mounted.
Straightening, assembly, shaping, polishing, finishing and sharpening all handcrafted in Thiers.
Dimensions: 199 mm x 17 mm x 12 mm
Assembly on beryllium copper washers
Blade length: 90 mm
width 17 mm
thickness 2.45 mm
Rockwell hardness: 56 HRC
Slow-ground and polished using traditional techniques with scoured buffalo leather.
HANDLE: Muonionalusta meteorite
Mounted on hexagon socket screws (stainless steel)
- Perceval pocket knives are not dishwasher safe nor washing machine safe (oversight in pockets!)
- After use, humidify the blade, wipe it and fold up it.
- In case of water contact, quickly wipe the handle.
- A regular sharpening with a sharpening steel or a hone allows to keep the original edge.
- You receive a sleeve with each Perceval pocket knife. It protects the knife from impacts and frictions.
100% made in France